According to a survey recently published in The Australian, The Advertiser and The Daily Telegraph, Australians rate gold as one of the most attractive investments over the next two years along with Real Estate and Cryptocurrency.
Our Director, Mark Pey, weighed in:
- “In comparison to the rest of the market experiencing downfalls, at the end of the June quarter gold is up 5% for the year and 11% year on year. Gold is doing its job.”
- “The RBA’s predicted inflation rate rise to 7% by year-end may be wishful thinking, and inflation could be much higher. Globally we are seeing countries such as the UK already at 11%, and Estonia and Latvia sitting at a massive 20% annualised inflation.”
- “These rises playing out globally reinstate Rush Gold’s opinion that investing is always a forward-looking exercise and gold fits the criteria of a top performing inflation hedge.”
- “Gold bullion has the advantage in volatile times of not only being a hedge, but also a currency.”
- “History shows that gold performs well in times of a crisis.”
Source: The Advertiser, The Daily Telegraph